Episode 12: Likability and Leadership as Keys to Success
by Christy Haussler (comments: 0) |
This episode features the inspirational story of Arel Moodie, founder of College Success Program, host of the podcast The Art of Likability, co-founder of the The PlaceFinder, and author of Your Starting Point for Student Success, and member of the dance group Black Dance Repertoire. Arel promotes good communication, likability, and leadership as key elements of success. Please try answering this question after listening to the episode: What is the significance of Arel’s themes of likability and leadership in our “Desirement program?”
Our guest: Arel Moodie
Arel graduated from Binghamton University in 2005 with a BA in Philosophy, politics and law. In 2006, he came on board as the Lead Emcee of Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour (EET). The group organizes events to educate college students about starting a business. In 2009, Arel founded Empact, EET’s parent company that focuses on cultivating entrepreneurs. He is one of America’s top young speakers on student success and student leadership skills.
What you'll learn:
- Arel’s road to success starting from a life on welfare
- Why he chose college students as a special market
- Arel’s current market still includes students but he has added professionals and entrepreneurs
- Essential factors, situations, and conditions for success
- Mentors and coaches who helped Arel become what he is today; and his best mentor
- Books he read and his favorite one
- Trainings and workshops he attended and the ones he recommends
- Clubs he joined
- PlaceFinder – what it is and how it grew to become a US-wide business
- Arel’s dance group Black Dance Repertoire that already performed as an opening act for Grammy Award-winning R&B group 112
- Why Arel believes that motivation doesn’t last unless you do something about it
- Arel talks about “likeability” as an art and skill
Quote of the Cast:
Your unique ability is your fountain of youth and passion creates it so that you keep wanting to get better.
Connect with Arel Moodie:
Charlie believes the cornerstone of creating success with your finances and your life, is to act like an entrepreneur! Eliminating an "entitlement mentality" and taking control of your life's choices and personal finances are the first steps to igniting and aligning your passions with your finances.